With my birthday two days away I thought that I would pass along some of the insights and words of wisdom that I have learned in my (almost) 33 years on this earth.
1. Silly string is fun no matter how old you are but be sure to get it out of your hair as quickly as you can, its a real bitch to pick out once it dries.
2. Always tip well, especially if its a place you think you'll visit frequently. Nobody wants to be the regular that tips like shit.
3. Maintain your eyebrows, its hard to keep eye contact if there are distracting brows stealing the focus.
4. Don't be the weirdo that checks themselves out in the gym mirror..... seriously don't, its creepy.
5. Smile at strangers, pay a compliment. Your nice words could be the nicest thing they have heard in a long time. Take a minute and think about that..... for the rest of their lives the memory of you will make a stranger smile.
6. Practice random acts of kindness daily, small or big, every act is appreciated
7. No matter how much you appreciate your own grass, sometimes the grass just looks greener in someone else's yard. Its normal and ok but before you get to caught up in trying to make your lawn look like theirs think for a moment about how much shit they may use for fertiliser.
8. Food trucks often have the yummiest items.
9. They say that marriage is 50/50 but it's a lie, marriage is 100/100 and only putting in 50% of the effort just isn't enough.
10. Tattoos are indeed addictive
11. Family doesn't have to be blood, it doesn't have to look like everyone else's. Families can fight and be angry with each other, what differentiates family from friends is that family gets over it.
12. Whenever waitstaff asks if you want cheese or bacon say yes..... why the hell not?!
13. Jealousy is like salt, a little bit can enhance the food but too much ruins the whole thing.
14. Not everyone is going to like you and that's ok. Don't try to impress them or persuade them.
15. Insecurity is an ugly trait. There is nothing that makes a person more appealing than confidence (but don't become a douche)
16. You can look great at any size if you dress for your body shape.
17. Not everyone will agree with your life choices, the people that matter will support you regardless.
18. Its normal to have quirks, kinks and things about yourself that are "weird" - that's what makes people interesting.
19. Don't be passive aggressive its just annoying. If you have something to say just say it.
20. Do your best. Your only competition is you.
21. If you don't like something change it, yep its that simple because what you allow is what will continue.
22. There is a freedom in being silly (I'm still working on this one)
23. Dancing when nobody is watching is a must, that's when the best moves are practiced
24. Everybody sings in the car.... everybody
25. Don't talk on your cell phone while waiting in line, its rude and nobody wants to hear your conversation
26. Don't be transparent, keep little pieces of yourself secret and be selective about who gets to see them.
27. Every now and then be brave, do something totally outside of your comfort zone. You may hate it but the experience will give you a rush
28. The scale is the devil, the body can look very different while weighing the same thing depending on body composition.
29. Its ok to throw yourself a pity party every now and again but don't linger there. Don't be the person who brings everyone else down. Besides, there are people in life who's problems are way worse than yours. One last tip on pity party attitudes... the FML status on social media creates an immediate eye roll for all those who read it.
30. Have special sayings with those you love, code words and inside jokes..... that's how you secure your relationship with your people.
31. Getting into a neat and tidy bed at the end of the day can sometimes feel like the most relaxing thing on the planet.
32. Failure is part of life, it sucks in the moment but it can serve as a life lesson.
33. Caffeine and orgasms are the best treatment for headaches.
There you have it, 33 of my most useful facts. Take them or leave them or better yet comment and share your insights.